Sunday, December 28, 2008

Not There Yet

The day has arrived for the new journey to Italy. Right now I'm sitting in the comfort of my living room, writing in my pretty silver covered journal, given to me for this occasion. I know I'm typing on the computer, but I'm copying from the journal. Don't be so picky.
All the last minute things will be attended to at the last minutes as usual and I am confident that anything I've forgotten can be bought at my destination or done without. Do I really need a razor? Who'll know? Hmm... Hold on a minute. Let me get one of those because one never knows who'll know, does one? I have packed my new funky reading glasses with the "look at me" motif.
I have my three journals, two drawing books, three books to read and some clothes. I know there are those of you who are dying of curiosity about the three journals. Well, I'm going to save you from that fate. The rest of you are probably not even reading this so you've nothing to be saved from. Lucky you.
Three journals: One to do this. You know, the new silver one. One to write exactly what I ate, spent and saw and one that I write in every day to talk about me - and maybe - sometimes you.
I thought this time I would be saving tons of money because the euro got so cheap, but look at what happened. It sky rocketed way up again. Since I can do nothing about that I have no choice but just to go and have fun anyway. What's a girl to do?
We'll talk later, maybe while I'm flying over the Atlantic. We'll see.
Just remembered, better pack the sun block. Why not? I'm an optimist, don't you know.
Later.

1 comment:

Coach Bonnie said...

HI Emelia...that's so cool that you have 3 journals! I'll be thinking of you fondly while you're in my favorite place in the whole world. Please check out the restaurant "La Pollarola" which is right off of the Campo di Fiori. Have the pasta with zucchini flower sauce.

Ciao,

Debra